Thuraya is the first generally available mobile satellite communication system covering the territory of 110 countries of Europe, Central Asia, Middle East, North and Central Africa. Presently the system operation is supported by two satellites and a third satellite will be put into operation by the end of 2008.
NEW Added module of global geolocation of GSM subscriber
Main services of the Advanced Thuraya Satellite Interception System, ATIS are:
• Voice communication;
• Dial‐up data transmission;
• GmPRS batch communication;
• Facsimile communication;
• Transmission of short messages;
• Defining of geographical position of subscribers.
The ATIS system is intended to intercept information transmitted through Thuraya network channels.
• Interception of voice communication;
• Interception of Facsimile communications;
• Interception of short text messages;
• Interception of data transmitted between terminals of the system;
• Interception of call related information;
• Defining of geographical position of Thuraya terminals;
• Continued (24/7) operation, processing and storage of information;
• Full‐range and flexible retrieval of stored information on the user demand;
• Issuing of reports and recommendations based on stored information assessments.
Functionally ATIS comprises several subsystems intended to receive and amplify the signal, to process and store the intercepted data:
a. ATIS‐RF‐C The subsystem receives and amplifies high‐frequency signal which comes from a C‐band satellite antenna and rely it to processing subsystem ATIS‐P.
b. ATIS‐RF‐L The subsystem receives and amplifies high‐frequency signal which comes from a L‐band satellite antenna and rely it to processing subsystem ATIS‐P.
c. ATIS‐RF‐L‐M The system is similar to the ATIS‐RF‐L but used for configuration with multiple L‐band antennas and works in conjunction with ATIS‐P‐M subsystem.
d. ATIS‐P The subsystem is for processing of communication signals relied from ATIS‐RF‐C, ATIS‐RF‐L and ATIS‐RF‐L‐M subsystems. It identifies communication sessions and carries out other necessary functions related to data processing, as well as storage and processing of accumulated data.
e. ATIS‐P‐M The subsystem is for processing of communication signals relied from ATIS‐RF‐L‐M subsystem. For full operation of entire system a communication link with ATIS‐P subsystem will be required.